'All disease begins in the Gut'
The ancient Greek physician Hippocrates said this more than 2,000 years ago, but we’re only now coming to understand just how right he was. Research over the past two decades has revealed that gut health is critical to overall health.
By improving gut health, it can help you…
- Lose weight
- Boost your immune system
- Reduce IBS
- And even lessen anxiety and depression.
Many researchers - such as Felice Jackman - who studies nutritional psychiatry and the link between anxiety and depression and gut health, believe that supporting gut health will be one of the most important goals of medicine in the 21st century.
According to Chris Kresser, there are two variables that determine our gut health: ‘gut flora’, and the ‘gut barrier’. Someone with problems with their gut barrier would experience leaky gut.
The Role Of The Gut!
Gut health is important – your gut contains more bacteria than all the other cells in your body combined! We are technically more bacteria than human.
Healthy gut flora is crucial to normal gut functioning. The gut plays a role in:
- Immune function
- Psychological function
- Providing a barrier between what is inside the body with what is outside
- Nutrient absorption
- It helps the body to digest certain foods
- It helps with the production of some vitamins
- It plays an important role in the immune system
What Is Gut Flora?
- Our gut is like a forest garden where all things live and grow
- Our gut is home to approximately 100 trillion microorganisms. Essentially our bodies are more bacteria than anything else!
- There are 10,000 species of bacteria in your body
- Up to a 1000 DIFFERENT bacteria species
- All of the bacteria in your body weigh around 1-3kg
There are 300 times more bacteria in your gut than there are stars in the Milky Way galaxy.
So What Compromises Our Gut Flora?
The way we live can contribute to unhealthy gut flora:
- Antibiotics and other medications
- Diets high in refined carbohydrates, sugar and processed foods ie. McDonalds
- Diets low in fermentable fibres, ie. not enough veggies
- Foods known to cause leaky gut: gluten, seed oils and refined sugar
- Chronic stress
- Chronic infections
Antibiotics are obviously necessary. They do, however, have huge implications on gut health. When you have antibiotics, it essentially kills the good, the bad and the ugly. Doctor Natasha Campbell-McBride is a gut health specialist. She says it can take up to four years to restore and rebuild the gut biome following a course of antibiotics. If you do need antibiotics, ensure you drink Alpha Lipid™ Lifeline™ and consume a diet rich in probiotic foods. Probiotics are live microorganisms that help balance the friendly bacteria in your digestive system and are abundant in Alpha Lipid™ Lifeline™.
Alpha Lipid™ Lifeline™ breakfast drink combines colostrum and probiotics for powerful immune and digestive system support to help you feel balanced, healthy and strong.
Probiotics are tiny micro-organisms your gut loves. Probiotics are often called ‘good bacteria’ because they help keep your gut healthy.
There was a study done with a fake stomach, fake intestines and fake digestive tract, but real saliva, real digestive enzymes and real acid and bile. Do you know what they found? That if you have a probiotic capsule, not many survived the trip. The highest rates of survival were the ones that were taken 30 minutes before a meal or a beverage that contained some fat. So that is what makes Alpha Lipid™ Lifeline™ so unique being coated in fat to help it pass through the harsh acidic environment!
You can supplement probiotics with Alpha Lipid™ Lifeline™ which is bovine colostrum it is known to support the health of our digestive system by nourishing the gut wall.
A healthy gut wall means our bodies have a natural defence system giving us the resistance we need to fight off bugs and viral infections helping our bodies perform at their best.
- Support your immunity with 1600mg of Colostrum containing 300mg of Immunoglobulins.
- Improve your gut health & digestive comfort with 1 billion probiotics per dose.
- Contains essential vitamins and minerals.
- 1,000mg of calcium for healthy teeth and bones.
- Assists the body’s natural repair process.
Benefits of Colostrum
Defence: Colostrum’s natural antibodies build immunity through gut health.
Energy:Probiotics and proteins aid digestion, helping you feel more energised and balanced.
Focus: When you have the right balance of nutrients and a healthy digestive system to absorb them, your body and mind are naturally healthier and more focused.